FEW THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP ENSURE YOU GET THE BEST MOVING ESTIMATE:
BE HONEST ABOUT HOW MUCH STUFF YOU HAVE
- We understand that everyone wants to save money on their move, but saying you have fewer belongings than you actually do when requesting a moving estimate won’t make that happen.
- In fact, this can cause you more headache on the day of the move if your moving company isn’t prepared or equipped to handle all of the items.
DO AN INVENTORY OF YOUR BELONGINGS BEFORE REQUESTING A QUOTE
- Sometimes people say they have fewer items to move than they actually do when filling outtheir free moving estimate form not because they aren’t ho nest, but because they don’t actually know.
- Chances are you have more belongings than you think you do. So make sure do an inventory of furniture and rooms before you request your quote to make sure things don’t get missed or you may be required to pay an additional fee for any heavy items not mentioned (I.E – Pianos, Hot tubs, Gym equipment, Treadmill).
BE AS THOROUGH AS POSSIBLE WHEN FILLING OUT YOUR ESTIMATE FORM
- We know, those forms can be long. But, you get the most accurate moving estimate when you provide the most information. The more details you can give your moving company about the items you need to move, the more detail they can put into forming the estimate and your final moving quote.